Saturday, December 25, 2010

Best of 2010: 7 "NOLA"

DMC New Orleans


I got to judge my first DMC (Disco Mix Club) DJ Battle in a city I always wanted to go to, New Orleans.  It was an awesome time.  I got to showcase with my homie, 2007 & 2009 DMC World Champion: DJ Shiftee.  DJ Concept from Florida won and big up to Christie Z for putting together another DMC.  I also got to hang out with DMC NOLA Organizer, Tony Skratchere, Champ Supastar, Liz Money and many more good folks there.  My homies Jerome and DJ Enki from the Bay was there too. I  also got to go records shopping and eat great food.  Finally, I got to see, hear, and meet DJ Soul Sista at her spot on Saturday's called Mimi's.  Truly an awesome time with her selections of deep funk and rare grooves.  Vegas ain't got shit on NOLA.  NOLA has a lot of musical and American history and you get a sense of a lot of it when you go there.



Peep the article on URB online about DMC NOLA:
URB Article


DJ Soul Sista

No comments:

Post a Comment